The call for papers is running until Dec 12, 2018! This is your chance to tell your story, share best practices or present your ideas on technical communication.Submit your proposal for a workshop session or presentation here.
- TC Trends and NextGen
Natural Language Processing/Machine Learning;
- Information Development/Content Delivery
User scenario-based writing;
Structured authoring/content reuse;
Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM);
API documentation; Markdown;
Information acquisition, aggregation and syndication (from data-generated content);
Service information delivery
- Managing Technical Communication
Quality assurance of content deliverables;
Managing personnel and tools in TC processes;
Time and cost management;
Organization of Information development processes;
Information development in agile environment;
- Content Strategy/Content Experience/Content Marketing
User journey research;
User Generated Contents (UGC);
How can technical content improve SEO?
Where does user documentation fit into content Marketing?
- Globalization and Localization
Unified process of content development and translation;
Translation Memory Systems and processes;
Neural machine translation (NMT) and post-editing
- Career Development
TC competence framework;
Training TC talents;
TC courses in universities
Any topic that is related to enterprise Content.
The conference is targeted at professionals in the field of technical communication who are eager to learn and share their knowledge about the latest industry trends. We expect attendees from a large spectrum of professional backgrounds ranging from technical writers, information designers, technical communication managers to content architects, and many more.
How to Submit Your Proposal?Follow this link to submit your proposal for a workshop session or presentation.
- Please use the following guidelines when submitting a proposal:
- Indicate whether you are proposing a presentation or a workshop.
- Only topics directly related to the theme of the conference will be considered (including workshops).
- Submissions for topic and presentation must be new material, not previously presented.
- Be specific: Provide a detailed explanation, including the format of the topic, points covered and visual presentation.
- Include a list of take-aways attendees will receive from the presentation.
- Sales presentations will not be considered.
- Describe the interactive component of the proposed workshop.
- Tool-focused workshop proposals will not be considered.
- Workshops can teach how to do something, develop a use case, or present a practical application of concepts, and must engage participants in hands-on exercises.
- Individual proposals are accepted. Partner presentations may be accepted on request.
Evaluation of The Papers Submitted
Papers will be selected by an advisory board that consists of local and international experts in the field of technical communication. If you have any questions, please contact y.tang(at)tekom.de.
Speaker benefits at tcworld China?
If your proposal for a workshop or a presentation is accepted, you are entitled to attend all two days of the conference without paying the conference fee. You are also invited to the lunch buffets and the networking dinner on the first conference day. This means you only pay for your own travel and accommodation.
Speaker participation in the conference
We encourage all speakers to take advantage of their free admission to the conference and to attend for all two days. Having speakers present throughout the conference helps make the atmosphere at tcworld China interesting and exciting. Both delegates and speakers have told us that they enjoy the opportunities to interact at the event, not only in the formal sessions, but also in the breaks, at the vendor exhibition, and at social events associated with the conference. If the number of speaking proposals we receive is greater than the number of available sessions, we reserve the right to give priority to speakers who indicate that they will attend the full conference.